Top 10 Affordable Family Attractions
Our goal is to make your stay in Kansas City more affordable. With our great rates it is easy to see why we are a top choice for a Kansas City hotel. Not only are our prices affordable, there are a number of affordable family activities that are either free or close to free making your Kansas City getaway the most affordable vacation yet. Here is a list of our top 10 affordable family attractions in Kansas City.
- Children’s Peace Pavilion – A hands-on museum with a number of learning activities directed towards kids. The perfect way to teach your children about peace and conflict resolution
- The City Market – The largest farmers’ market in the region. Located in the historic River Market, enjoy great restaurants and unique shops.
- Kaleidoscope – Independent art sessions allow kids to enjoy creating in a creative space filled with bows, melted crayons, cardboard and so much more!
- Lakeside Nature Center – Explore local wildlife, story time, hikes and other educational programs at Missouri’s largest wildlife rehabilitation facility.
- Penguin Park – Kids can enjoy a 26-foot side, an oversized 23-foot penguin and other wild adventures at this fun park in Northland.
- Shoal Creek Living History Museum – Located in Hodge Park, this 80 acre museum brings to life a 19th century village with authentic cabins and homes. See what it would be like to live back in the good ole days.
- Martha Lafite Thomson Nature Sanctuary – Combine live animal exhibits, hiking trails, educational programs and geocaching for an afternoon of fun.
- Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead – Kids will enjoy feeding and petting all types of barnyard animals. Free admission Monday to Thursday.
- Hallmark Visitors Center – Learn about Hallmark’s 100 year history and enjoy a little arts and crafts also.
- First Fridays – Enjoy family fun at the Crossroads Art District the first Friday of each month. With art galleries, sidewalk vendors and food trucks, there is fun for everyone.
If these top 10 affordable family attractions aren’t enough for you, check out more here. We look forward to seeing you soon and making your Kansas City getaway more affordable for you.