Kansas City Fun Facts
Kansas City is a fun place filled with interesting things to see and do. Some of the most interesting and fun things about this great city are little known facts that we have for you here to help you love and appreciate this city as much as we do.
– Kansas City is home to the largest maker of boxed chocolate in the world – Russell Stover Candies.
– Walt Disney opened his first animation studio on Kansas City – Laugh-O-Gram Studios.
– Kansas City’s Municipal Auditorium has hosted more NCAA Final Four Championships than any other venue in the country.
– The scoreboard at Arrowhead Stadium was the first to transmit instant replay.
– Earnest Hemiingway, as a young boy, worked as a reporter for the Kansas City Star.
– Joyce Hall began selling postcards out of a shoebox in Kansas City. His company has grown to become the world’s largest greeting card maker, Hallmark Cards.
– Kansas City has more Bar-B-Que restaurants per capita than any other city in the United States.
– KC has more fountains than any city except Rome.
– The Country Club Plaza was America’s first outdoor shopping mall, opening in 1922.
– Swope Park contains 1,805 acres and is more than twice the size of NYC’s Central Park.
Come see for yourself the fun and exciting city of Kansas City. Be sure to book your Kansas City Hotel with us and allow us to make your stay even better.