5 Places to Visit With the Kids in Kansas City
The after holiday months are always a good time for Kansas City travel, especially with the kids! From basketball and ice skating to a polar bear and science—see why Kansas City is such a kid friendly travel destination. See our five favorite places to visit with your kids while in KC.
- KC Zoo – While most don’t think of the KC Zoo as a great winter destination, it’s a great place to visit year around. Although some animals are temperature sensitive, the tropics are still thriving with gibbons, monkeys and birds… while Nakita the polar bear thinks it’s summer. Tickets for all ages are only $6 through February.
- Snow Creek – While one might not think of a mountain range anywhere near KC–you can ski, snowboard or tube at Weston’s Snow Creek Ski Resort. Fun for all ages, Snow Creek is open through March.
- Ice Skating – You’ll find many a rink throughout the KC Metro, both indoor and out. Crown Center Ice Terrace and The Ice at Park Place Leawood are both great outdoor skate spots while Ice Sports, Pepsi Ice Midwest, Line Creek Ice Arena, and Centerpoint Community Ice are all great places to lace up (when the weather turns too cold!).
- College Basketball Experience – The College Basketball Experience, a world class entertainment facility connected to Sprint Center is two full floors of nothing but basketball. The CBE isn’t a basketball museum, but a full fledged interactive experience—where fans can get a hands on look at the game of college basketball. Hustle to make three-pointers or do a slam dunk at o the CBE’s more than 20 interactive exhibits.
- Science City – Fun for kids of all ages, Science City, located in Kansas City’s Union Station can’t be beat. Science City has hundreds of interactive and hands on exhibits. It’s here you’ll find the Dino Lab (with real scientists unearthing dino’s), you can ride a bike 3 stories in the air, drive a Mars rover, and even stroll through a blood vessel. Science City is closed Monday-Wednesday during the winter months.
So if you are looking for a fun, family friendly travel destination—Kansas City is the place to be!