5 Free Things to Do in Kansas City
Traveling to Kansas City and opting for some budget friendly things to do? You can easily travel to Kansas City on a budget and find many things to do that are not only free, but fun for the whole family.
Here are 5 FREE things to do in Kansas City:
- Hallmark Visitors Center: Kansas City is home to Hallmark Cards, which anchors the Crown Center Shops. It’s here you’ll find the budget travel friendly Hallmark Visitors Center which houses the history, memorabilia and works of the greeting card company. The self guided tour gives you a glimpse into the history and life at Hallmark.
- Boulevard Brewery Tour: The famed Boulevard Brewery also calls KC home and the tour of the brewery is not only free, but a favorite of locals and visitors alike. The tour includes the history, a walkthrough of the plant, and then head back to their tasting room for sampling of Boulevard’s famous ales. Although free, reservations are required.
- Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art: The famed Kemper is home to a growing contemporary collection, its larger exhibitions, and educational programming. The popular and Café Sebastienne, which is perfect for lunch and dinner are also housed within the Kemper Museum. All galleries are free of charge and open to the general public. Donations to the Museum are suggested.
- The Federal Reserve Money Museum: Explore the nation’s financial system and how the Federal Reserve Bank functions. Highlights of the Money Museum include the cash vault, the Truman Coin Collection, gold bar, and the opportunity to design your own money. Admission and parking are free and has something for all ages.
- Harley-Davidson Plant Tour: Harley-Davidson’s Vehicle and Powertrain Operations are housed in their Kansas City North facilities. See the production of America’s favorite cycles–and during the tour you get to step on the factory floor. Tickets are on a first come, first serve basis and for more information, call 1-877-883-1450.